COVID-19 Mitigation Plan
Disability Services for Students continues to have a firm commitment toward the safety of students, staff, and the constituencies we serve.
To minimize possible exposure to COVID-19, we have established the following mitigation plan for Fall 2020:
What we will do:
- Wear a face covering – all staff is required to wear a face covering.
- Practice social distancing -by reducing the room occupancy.
- Control traffic flow.
- Staff will practice heightened levels of personal hygiene and stay home from work if they are sick.
- Have hand sanitizer and disposable masks available.
- Train our student staff on sanitization best practices.
- Continue thorough sanitization.
- Continue remote service delivery.
What we ask everyone to do when visiting our office:
- Wear a face covering.
- Do not come to our office when not feeling well. Cancel the appointment or request a phone meeting.
- Practice 6-feet social distancing to minimize clustering.
- Refrain from a group gathering.
- Use our remote services whenever possible.
Using remote services allows for:
- Intake appointment by phone or Zoom to register with our office.
- Phone or Zoom appointments with a DSS coordinator.
- Obtain personal records through Accommodate.
- Use of a proctor and reader for online exams (for those who qualify).
- Receive captioning or sign language interpreting services (for those who qualify).
DSS Testing Rooms
- Use laminated cards to indicate that a testing space has been used and requires cleaning.
- Clean the testing spaces after every use.
- Reduce room occupancy.
- Assign test-takers in locations at least 6 feet apart from each other.