Grievance Procedures

Access is a civil right. Programs at the University of Montana must be readily accessible to and usable by people with disabilities. The University is not barrier-free, but reasonable accommodations will be made to guarantee program access. All accommodation requests will be given due process and consideration. Students can file a grievance when they have been denied or have limited participation in the benefits of any program based solely on a disability.

Students are encouraged to discuss their concerns with their coordinator or with the director of the Office for Disability Equity. If the grievance is not resolved informally or a student wishes to pursue a formal complaint or grievance, the following options are available:    

Montana Human Rights Bureau

U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights

U.S. Department of Justice

For academic concerns: follow Student Concerns recommended by the Office of the Provost.