Schedule An Appointment
For the safety of our students and staff, we will continue offering remote appointment options for the fall semester. We will accept in-person appointments only if you do not have access to resources for a phone or Zoom appointment. Thank you for understanding!
Schedule your appointment on the Navigate app! Don't have it yet? Download it here.
We are here to help you make the most of your experience at UM! You can also schedule an appointment with a coach or advisor by calling our front desk at (406) 243-2022. We will be checking our voicemail several times throughout the day, and will return your call as soon as we can.
- Education or Career Decision-Making Help
- Internship Help
- Resume & Cover Letter Review
- Career Assessment Interpretations
- Job Searching Assistance
- Interview Prep & Practice
- Graduate School/Employment Application Help
Experiential Learning Advising
- National Student Exchange
- International Work or Internships
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Service Learning
- Research Advising
Career and Interest Assessments
After taking an assessment, schedule an appointment with a Career Coach to interpret the results.
- Strong Interest Inventory (SII) - The SII assesses your interests and how those interests correlate to career fields and job titles.
- Cost: $20.00
- 16Personalities - The 16Personalities is a free online test provides a "freakishly accurate" description of who you are, why you do things they way you do, and what drives, inspires, and worries you.
- Career Exploration by Occupational Cluster (CEOC) - The CEOC is a career guidance tool that allows individuals to respond to questions and identify the top three Career Clusters of interest based on their responses.
- HIGH5 Strengths - HIGH5 is a free strengths assessment that has helped +1.5M people to discover what they are naturally good at.
- The Holland Code - The Holland Code is a free test that assesses your personality and interests and provides a list of corresponding career options based on your 2-3 letter personality (RIASEC) code.
You can't pass or fail an assessment because there are no right or wrong answers. The assessments measure your unique interests, values, skills and preferences.
Use Handshake to Find an Opportunity
Handshake is a recruiting platform used by schools across the nation, and is the official platform for University of Montana students and alumni!
Log in to Handshake here using your NetID and password to find jobs, internships, volunteer opportunities, and more!