Branding on Campus
Building your brand presence on campus is an important component in your recruiting process. Below are a few ideas to help you increase your brand visibility and engage with students.
CREATE A SOCIAL MEDIA/DIGITAL STRATEGY
Handshake, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, and your website are easy and affordable ways to connect with future candidates. They provide a great place to share your success stories, promote the company’s employer brand and tell why it is a great place to work.
- Have a presence
- Make it easy to navigate to your career site from social media platforms
- Build relevant content: showcase your intern and their experience, let students know you are on-campus
- Connect on Handshake/Linked In
- Showcase short videos of your current employees so students understand what it is like to work there
- Share information about your internship program
BUILD YOUR BRAND/PRESENCE ON CAMPUS
Participate in as many fairs/events/connections on campus that you can.
- Host info booths/sessions
- Host a recruiting event for your organization
- Attend a career fair or event
- Visit with us about a short class presentation
- When tabling or at fairs, bring along an alum or your most energetic connector
- Offer time to student groups to assist with their needs
WHAT IS YOUR ORGANIZATION OFFERING STUDENTS
Take a look inside your organization ...
- What is your culture and how do you communicate that?
- What current interns or alums work at your organization? What attracted them to you?
- Do you have a strong internship program in place with mentorship?