Experiential Learning and Career Success serves as a liaison for community agencies interested in connecting to faculty and service learning courses on campus. We can assist in finding the right course and/or instructor to partner with to help meet your community service needs and organizational mission. When community agencies partner with an academic course and faculty member, they commit to providing a safe service experience for UM students that involves appropriate orientation, training, and supervision of the
UM offers a Service Learning course designation, enabling students to seek out
When deciding whether service learning may be a fit for your agency, consider the following:
- What learning experience could you provide?
- What disciplines and/or fields of study are reflected at your agency?
- How long/how often do you want student involvement at your agency (e.g., 1x a semester, bi-weekly, daily)?
- Will you be able to devote time and preparation
totraining needs and service options?
- Are you willing to provide advice and feedback to faculty/students regarding the service performed?
For more information on how to become a service learning community partner agency, please contact Andrea Vernon at 243-5159 or firstname.lastname@example.org.