2021 Montana International Educators Conference
The 2021 Montana International Educators Conference (MIEC) will take place from Thursday, June 17 to Friday, June 18, 2021. It will be entirely online and facilitated by Zoom videoconferencing software due to health and safety concerns amid the pandemic.
This annual meeting is the main venue for international educators in Montana working at public and private institutions with interests in international education. The primary goal is to connect international educators across the state who share similar interests, goals and responsibilities in order to benefit from one another's experience, networks and expertise. The conference will include round table discussions and informational sessions that focus on relevant issues faced by international educators in Montana. MIEC welcomes representatives from secondary schools, community colleges, and universities, as well as local, state, and federal government and non-governmental organizations. The focus of this year's conference will be International Education During COVID-19 and Beyond.
A final schedule will be posted here closer to the event.
Registration is FREE and includes access to all virtual meetings and sessions in the conference.
Attendees are asked to enter basic information, and will be emailed the links they need to access the conference the day before the event on June 16. Access links will be sent to the email address attendees use upon registering for the conference on Eventbrite.
The final conference registration deadline is Tuesday, June 16 at 5:00pm.
MIEC 2021 is seeking proposals for conference presentations related to the five NAFSA knowledge communities as they relate to this year's focus, International Education During COVID-19 and Beyond*:
- Education Abroad
- International Students and Scholars Services
- International Enrollment Management
- Teaching, Learning and Scholarship
- International Education Leadership
*Please note that presentations will not be excluded from consideration if they do not directly address this theme.
All presentations will last approximately 30-40 minutes, with 15-20 minutes for questions and discussion.
- Proposal Submission Deadline: June 1, 2021
- Decision Notification: June 11, 2021
Given that MIEC 2021 will be an entirely virtual conference, there is a minimum set of technical requirements participants and/or presenters will need to meet before they can enjoy the benefits of participation. The minimum set of technical requirements are:
- Computer or mobile device (laptop or desktop computer is highly recommended)
- Reliable internet connection
- Microphone and/or headset
- Webcam (required for presenters, but not attendees)
- Zoom application downloaded and installed on computer or mobile device
- Registered Zoom account
- Browser to run Zoom on computer (Google Chrome is recommended for best audio and visual quality)
- Quiet space free from distractions (recommended but not required)
If you have questions about whether or not you are able to meet these minimum requirements, please contact Caroline McLean at firstname.lastname@example.org