Short Term Language and Culture Programs
Customized Short-term Language Programs
ELI offers special short-term programs to groups of international students and educators. ELI specializes in designing programs to fit specific curricular and scheduling needs. A short term ELI program at the University of Montana typically has the following traits:
- designed for the needs of the group
- two to eight weeks in duration
- up to twenty hours of class per week
- a minimum of ten participants
- planned extracurricular activities and trips
- opportunities to integrate into the Missoula community
Steps in Developing a Customized Short-term Language Program
In order to ensure the best outcome for our partners and their program participants, we have developed a process that allows sufficient time for planning and implementation.
Step 1: You will complete an online application describing the proposed dates, participant numbers, and educational goals. As long as the proposed program aligns with the structure and mission of ELI, we can guarantee a program if the application is received at least 10 months prior to the start of program.
Step 2: We will work together to draft a preliminary program proposal, budget and schedule. Once the program design, schedule, and budget have been approved, we will begin finalizing the program.
Step 3: We will work together to finalize program details. This includes signing a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA), having participants fill out a program application, issuing necessary documents depending on visa type, and arranging payment via wire transfer.
Step 4: ELI will implement the program. This includes arranging for all requested services, ensuring staffing levels are adequate, and implementing the program according to the terms outlined in the MOA.
Step 5: We will finish with a program evaluation for the program participants and ELI staff. We will share the feedback from this program evaluation with you and discuss ways to improve the program for the following year.
If you are interested in developing a short-term program with us, please apply by clicking on blue button. You will be asked to register an account by creating a username and password.
Examples of Short Term Programs
De Lin Institute of Technology, Taiwan
- 3-week program
- Integrated into regular ELI classrooms
- Service-learning activities
- Focus on reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills
- Overnight excursion to Yellowstone National Park
Kumamoto High School, Japan
- 2-week program
- Intensive English and American culture
- Students study English language and American culture.
- Afternoon homestay experience
- Overnight excursion to Glacier National Park
Study Abroad Foundation -Summer Leadership & Entrepreneurship Program
- 3-week program
- Intensive English, entrepreneurship, and leadership learning
- Introduction to American culture
- Opportunities to meet Missoula business leaders
- Field trip to Glacier National Park