The Conversation Partners Program pairs ELI students with native English speakers to practice conversation outside the classroom. Students and volunteers meet roughly every other week for activities of their choosing. Optional activities and events are offered to the group throughout the semester.
- Discussions about cultural topics
- School of Theatre and Dance shows
- Sports activities
- Tour of UM Garden
- ASUM Sustainability tour
- KBGA tour
- UM Planetarium show
- Game nights
Enhance your English outside of the classroom with Conversation Partners.
This free program provides you with the opportunity to meet with native English speakers and practice everyday conversation. Make friends and share culture through activities and events throughout the semester.Benefits include:
- Practice English outside of the classroom
- Get firsthand exposure to U.S. university culture
- Make new friends!
Become a Conversation Partner Volunteer! Conversation Partner volunteer opportunities are open to the general public of Missoula. Benefits for volunteers include:
- Enhancing cultural awareness and understanding within the Missoula community
- Making friends from around the world
- Sharing languages and cultures
- Supporting the integration of a global community and campus
Here is a detailed list of Guidelines for Prospective Conversation Partner Volunteers, including tips and example activities.
For the latest information on Conversation Partners or to learn how to join the program, please contact Sara Schroeder, the Conversation Partners Coordinator, or call (406) 243-2084.
This program is free and open to the public.