TA Orientation/Teaching Resources
The TA Orientation Schedule below represents the event that took place on Monday, August 19, 2019. If you missed the event, we videotaped it , and you will find links below to the edited videos, as well as two "Teaching Tips" talks from the previous year (2018).
Here is the video of the Introduction and the panel on Health and Safety Resources and Policies
1:00 Welcome: Ashby Kinch, Associate Dean
1:10-1:45 Health and Safety Resources and Policies: Panel
- University of Montana Police Department (UMPD)- Marty Ludemann, UM Police Chief
- Role of Legal Counsel – including FERPA Regulations - Lucy France, UM General Legal Counsel
- Counseling Services (CS) at Curry Heath Center/Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT)
Chris Fiore, Co-Chair for BIT
Kelly Magnuson, Associate Director of Community Standards
- Faculty Toolkit - Kayli Julius, Health Promotion Specialist/Health Coach Coordinator
1:45-2:00 Teaching Tips: Kyle Volk, Professor, History
Here is a video of Kyle Volk's Teaching Tips.
2:00: GPSA Presentation (5-10 minutes), followed by BREAK for refreshments
2:30-3:00 Educational Policies: Panel
Here is a video of the panel on Educational Policies.
- Student Conduct Code/Prevention Ed/SARC - Jessica Peatee, Direct Service Coordinator & Counselor
- Academic Misconduct - Nathan Lindsay, Vice Provost for Academic Affairs
- Discrimination Free Environment - Lucy France, UM General Legal Counsel
3:00-315: Teaching Tips: Creagh Breuner, Associate Dean / Professor, Wildlife Biology
Here is a video of Creagh Breuner's Teaching Tips.
3:15-3:45: Educational Resources for Students and Instructors: Panel
Here is a video of the panel on Educational Resources for Students and Instructors.
- Disability Services for Students (DSS) - Amy Capolupo, Director
- Resources for Undergraduate Students – Office for Student Success (OSS) - Brian French, Executive Director
- Resources for Instructors – Faculty Development Office (FDO) - Amy Kinch, Director
- Resources for Writing and Writing Pedagogy - Jake Hansen, Writing Center
3:45-4:00: Q&A / Future Teaching Development Sessions
Teaching Tips from TA Orientation 2018: