Griz Card Terms & Conditions
- The Griz Card is the property of the University of Montana (“UM” or “University” or “Griz Card Center”). Use of the Griz Card may be revoked at UM’s sole discretion for violation of University policies and procedures. Access privileges of Griz Card may be deactivated when student, faculty, or staff becomes inactive. The Griz Card is issued by UM to the cardholder only, and is not transferable. It shall not be loaned to anyone at any time.
- The misrepresentation to obtain a Griz Card or alteration of a Griz Card may result in disciplinary action, i.e. formal charges of fraud, attempt to defraud, or obtaining university property under false pretenses. Charges may be brought under the University of Montana Student Conduct Code and/or through outside legal authorities.
- Unauthorized or misuse of the Griz Card may result in confiscation of the card and/or disciplinary action brought under the University of Montana Student Conduct Code and/or through outside legal authorities.
- The Griz Card is the University identification card and is the instrument used to access many services on campus. Therefore, the Griz Card should be carried at all times while on campus and at campus sponsored events.
- Photo images and other identifying data stored in the Griz Card database will only be used in furtherance of legitimate University purposes. Access to identifying data stored in the Griz Card database will be strictly limited; with the exception of public/directory information, access to identifying data will be limited to persons having a need to know the information in furtherance of legitimate University purposes.
- There is a fee in the amount of $15, for the original card and replacement of any lost, stolen or damaged Griz Cards. Check with the Griz Card Center for details.
- Cardholders are responsible for purchases made on lost or stolen cards per the terms and conditions for each respective account. By making a deposit or transaction on the account, the cardholder is agreeing to the terms and conditions of the account. UMoney, Bear Bucks, meal plans and other accounts held on the Griz Card do not require a Personal Identification Number (PIN) for access/use. If a card is lost or stolen it should be reported immediately. The card may be reported as lost or stolen 24/7 through the website at grizcard.com or during regular business hours at the Griz Card Center in the University Center.
- If your enrollment or employment should lapse your Griz Card privileges will no longer be active. The Griz Card remains the property of the University of Montana and must be presented or relinquished upon request by University personnel.
- This card is subject to Griz Card Terms and Conditions which can be found at grizcard.com.