Annual Benefits Enrollment
Review ALL the resources in one convenient place to help you make your benefits elections during ANNUAL BENEFITS ENROLLMENT. You are electing benefits coverages which take e
IMPORTANT THIS YEAR
Employees should have received a letter from the Montana University System (MUS) Benefits office containing very important changes coming for FY 2020-2021 beginning July 1, 2020. Click HERE to read the Active employee letter. Click HERE to read the Retiree letter.
- SAVE THE DATE: The MUS Benefits office will be providing an active employee benefits presentation via WebEx on Friday, April 17th at 10:00am, which can be viewed HERE. The Retiree presentation will be at 2:00pm. If you miss either presentation, a recording will be available at a later time HERE.
- FY 2020-2021 CHOICES Benefits Enrollment Workbook available HERE on April 20th.
- FY 2020 - 2021 CHOICES Retiree Benefits Enrollment Workbook available HERE on April 20th.
- Benefits elections will be online with the Benefitsolver enrollment system. Instructions to login and navigate the online enrollment system are available HERE.
- The Montana University System will be moving to one medical plan as of July 1, 2020. All medical plan enrollees and their covered dependents will be automatically enrolled into BlueCross BlueShield of Montana (BCBSMT). To see if your health providers are In-Network BC/BS of MT providers, please click HERE. The MUS BlueCross BlueShield Network is called “Blue Preferred PPO”.
- Only employees who were not previously enrolled in the BC/BS of MT medical plan prior to July 1, 2020 will receive new medical plan ID cards.
- The new Flexible Spending Account (FSA) claims administrator is Wage Works, Inc. If you want to enroll in an FSA (health and/or dependent care (daycare), you must make your benefit election online via the Benefitsolver online enrollment system for the new benefit year July 1, 2020 - June 30, 2021.
- MUS has a new contract with The Standard Insurance Co., its current life, accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D), and long term disability (LTD) administrator. Review your letter for specific updates that include new rates and new life insurance guidelines.
Contact HRSCommunications@mso.umt.edu should you have questions.
REASONS TO DO ANNUAL BENEFITS ENROLLMENT
1. Review your current benefits to see if allowed changes are needed. You can:
- Switch dental plans (to increase or decrease dental benefits or costs).
- Add or drop optional vision hardware coverage.
- Add or drop dependents from optional vision hardware plan. (Must provide
marriagecertificate, birth certificate or other proof of dependent status if adding).
- Increase or decrease life insurance/AD&D and/or
long termdisability coverages as allowed.
- Add children under age 26 to medical, dental, vision if they are not already on
plan. Must provide birthcertificate or other proof of dependent status.
- Elect medical and/or dependent (childcare) FLEX accounts. This must be done each year, this election does not continue from the prior benefit year.
2. Confirm/update personal information on file for yourself and dependents (i.e., address, Social Security Number, date of birth, emergency contact info).
3. Confirm/update beneficiary information for life insurance/AD&D coverages.
4. This would also be a good time to log into CYBERBEAR to review and/or update contact and emergency contact information, beneficiaries, etc.
REVIEW THE INSTRUCTIONS
These instructions provide a comprehensive step-by-step process to complete Annual Benefits Enrollment successfully. It is important that you start from the beginning and follow each step in the order as they appear. The instructions are designed so that you can manage without assistance. Keep these instructions available so that you can review and follow the process steps while completing your online benefits enrollment.
CHECK THE PROVIDER NETWORKS
- Make sure your medical providers are still in-network.
- For BlueCross Blue Shield use Blue Preferred PPO and search as a Guest.
New Requirement: The MUS Benefits Plan requires proof of dependent status in all cases of an allowed enrollment of that dependent. Example-- Copies of Marriage certificate, birth certificate or
- A spouse cannot be added to medical and dental plans unless there is a qualifying event.
- A spouse can be added to the Vision Hardware coverage.
- Dropping a spouse at Annual Benefits Election is allowed. However, once removed, a spouse will not be reinstated unless there is a qualifying event.
- Dependent children up to age 26 can be added to any coverages at Annual Benefits Election.
- Dropping a dependent child at Annual Benefits Election is allowed. Once removed, the child will not be reinstated until the next Annual Benefits Enrollment event for children, or if there is a qualifying event.
Qualifying Event - A qualifying event is a change in
FY 2020-2021 ENROLLMENT DATES
April 22 through May 15,
2020-- now closed.
When: Friday, April 17, 2020
Active Employees: 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Retirees: 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM