As a new employee, you are eligible to participate in a variety of outstanding benefit programs. The Montana University System offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that includes the following programs. To be eligible, an employee must be hired for 6 months or longer and at a FTE of .5 (1/2 time) or greater.
- Health: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Montana
- Dental: You may select from two Delta Dental plans; Select or Basic.
- Disability: You are eligible for a long-term disability plan, which is fully paid by the Montana University System.
- Reimbursement Accounts: UM offers you two reimbursement accounts: Flexible Spending Reimbursement and Dependent Care (child care) reimbursement. Use pre-tax dollars and save on your expenses.
- Retirement: Even though you just joined as a new employee, it’s important for you to save for your retirement through the Montana University System retirement plans.
- Life Insurance: Protect your family financially in the event of your death.
- Accident Insurance: Accident insurance covers you in case of death or injury while you’re traveling on University business.
- Tuition Waivers: Take advantage of UM's excellent education opportunities, if you meet the qualifications.
- Paid Time Off: UM offers a generous paid time off plan, which includes vacation time, sick days, and federal holidays.
You will receive your New Employee Welcome information via email and you will have the opportunity to ask questions at your scheduled New Employee Orientation session.
For additional information and assistance regarding all benefits, or to schedule an appointment, please contact:
Human Resource Services