Student Consumer Information


Institutional Information

A wide variety of Institutional Information is available including:

Additional Institutional Information is available through the Office of Institutional Research. If you are unable to find the information you need, please contact Dawn Ressel, Associate Vice President for Institutional Research, at (406) 243-5661. Paper copies of information will be furnished upon request.

Net Price Calculator

Federal law requires that each institution provide a net price calculator so that students and prospective students have a means to estimate their net college costs after an estimate for financial aid is applied. Click here to access UM’s net price calculator.

Financial Aid Information

You can learn about the types of aid available as well as applying for and receiving aid,  In addition, you can read about student’s rights and responsibilities in maintaining eligibility for student loans under federal law. For more information or to request information in writing, contact Kent McGowan, Director of Financial Aid at (406) 243-5373.

Disability Services for Students

The University offers services and facilities for students with disabilities.  For more assistance, contact Amy Capolupo, Director of Disability Services for Students at (406) 243-2243.

Copyright Infringement and File Sharing Policies

The University maintains strict policies against copyright infringement and illegal file sharing. For more information, please contact the Information Technology Office at (406) 243-4357 or email your questions to:

Consumer Information on the College Navigator Website

The U.S. Department of Education posts 26 items about each school on its College Navigator website including:

  • Student activities offered by the school
  • Services offered by the school for individuals with disabilities
  • Career and placement services offered to students during and after enrollment
  • Policies of the school related to transfer of credit from other schools

College Navigator information on the University of Montana is here.

College Navigator information on Missoula College is here.

Student Body Diversity

Information on the demographic makeup of students at the University of Montana.

Disclosures required under the Student Right-to-Know Act

Each year, the University must make available certain information regarding completion and graduation rates of first-time, full-time certificate and bachelor degree-seeking students.

Vaccination Policy

As you prepare to attend UM, we want to make you aware of the state of Montana immunization requirements:

two (2) immunizations for Rubella and

two (2) immunizations for Rubeola

You must submit your Medical Requirement Form (which will be mailed to you in your acceptance packet), as well as verifiable documentations of your immunizations. Please submit these documents as soon as possible to ensure a smooth transition to UM. For more information please contact Curry Health Center or call (406) 243-2122.

Drug and Alcohol Abuse Policies and Information

Information about the University’s policies regarding drug and alcohol abuse can be found on the Vice President for Student Affairs website. For more information or to request a hard copy of these policies, contact Rondie Voorhees, Dean of Students, at (406) 243-6413.

Retention Rate

The University's retention rate of degree-seeking, first-time, full-time undergraduate students as reported to the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS). For more information, contact Dawn Ressel, Associate Vice President of Institutional Research, at (406) 243-5661.

Campus Security and Fire Safety Report (Jeanne Clery Act)

The annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report is available. For more information or to request a hard copy of the report, contact Chief Marty Ludemann, University of Montana Police Department, at (406) 243-2277.

The Annual Security and Fire Safety Reports for 2014 and the Annual Security and Fire Safety Reports for 2015 have been updated to reflect corrected crime statistics.  A hard copy of these reports are available upon request from Chief Marty Ludemann, University of Montana Police Department, 32 Campus Drive or by calling (406) 243-2277.

Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act

The Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act (EADA) is intended to make prospective students aware of a school’s commitment to providing equitable athletic opportunities for its men and women students. Any coeducational school of higher education that participates in a Federal Student Aid program and has an intercollegiate athletic program must prepare an annual EADA report. The report contains participation rates, financial support, and other information on men’s and women’s intercollegiate athletics programs. Officially, it is The Report on Athletic Program Participation Rates and Financial Support Data, but is more commonly referred to as the EADA Report. A paper copy of this report will be provided upon request by contacting Dawn Ressel, Associate Vice President of Institutional Research, (406) 243-5661.


The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), as amended, and Montana law, set forth requirements designed to protect the privacy of student educational records. These laws govern access to records maintained by The Montana University System (MUS) and the release of information from those records. A notice to students that explains the rights of students with respect to records maintained by the University of Montana (UM)  is provided yearly via the UM Catalog, as well at the beginning of each semester via students’ official campus email addresses. It also outlines UM’s procedures adopted to comply with these legal requirements. Copies of these laws, including the Federal Regulations pursuant to FERPA, and this notice are available for persons to examine in the Registrar’s Office, Emma Lommasson Center, Room 201, 32 Campus Drive, Missoula, MT 59812. To request a hard copy, please contact Joe Hickman, Registrar, at (406) 243-2412. 

Your Vote, Your Voice

Students and employees may learn more about Montana voter information at .  Advance and late registration is available.  Be sure to exercise your right to vote!