Banner 9 Upgrade
Banner 9 is a major upgrade to the Banner enterprise information system. It provides a modern look and feel to Banner forms while largely maintaining the same functionality as previous Banner versions. If you can purchase your favorite items on Amazon, you can navigate Banner 9!
Why are we upgrading? Enhancement support for Banner 8 will end by January 2019. This does not mean we cannot continue to use Banner 8 forms. Rather, it means Ellucian will not continue to provide break/fix or enhancement support for those forms past December 31, 2018. You will be able to access both Banner 8 and Banner 9 forms during a transition period until campus has completely adopted Banner 9. You will continue to access Banner 8 as you do now but will log in to Banner 9 via the Application Navigator, Banner's new homepage.
Additionally, browser compatibility continues to be an issue with Banner 8 so it is now time to take action. Banner 9, here we come!
What's new in Banner 9?
There is much to be excited with the release of Banner 9. Some of its many new advantages include:
- Eliminates dependency on Internet Explorer. That's right - you will be able to use Banner 9 in any preferred browser!
- Positions UM for cloud adoption if we choose this option at a later date
- Easily compatible with mobile devices
- Application Navigator "Welcome" screen offers a "google-like" search screen for easy navigation to the forms you need
- Simplifies the upgrade process for future upgrades for system administrators
What is our Banner 9 Upgrade status?
The majority of Banner 8 forms have been converted to Banner 9 forms and currently exist in the test environment, though some functional units are early adopters.
Banner 9 will be available to all of campus on October 1, 2018.
Login access will be available on my.umt.edu/employees as well as on the Banner Support page.
Contact your IT support provider! Not sure who supports you? Check out the Who Supports Me page in the UM Solutions Center. General questions regarding the Banner 9 rollout can be sent to Karen Moore (Karen.Moore@mso.umt.edu).
For questions or help with a particular module please contact one of the following:
- Student module - Brenda.Avery@mso.umt.edu
- Finance module – KlaneckySE@mso.umt.edu
- A/R module – Derek.Hubbard@mso.umt.edu
- Financial Aid module – Kent.McGowan@mso.umt.edu
- HR module – Steve.Hoffmann@mso.umt.edu