What is Changing?
With this change, UM’s email service will now be hosted off-campus. In general, interacting with your email on a day-to-day basis will remain unchanged. However, there are some key benefits:
- Increased stability and reliability
- Upgraded Outlook for the web experience
- Better integration with other Office 365 offerings and UM Box
- Faster iteration of new features
What to Expect
- A campus communication email has been sent out informing UM employees regarding the migration schedule and change to email.
- A schedule for your department’s migration can be found here.
- Following the migration, webmail will be accessible via the following URL:
- After your mailbox has been migrated, you will need to restart your devices and update the settings of applications on those devices. For instructions, please visit the UM Solutions Center.
What You Should Do
Before the Migration
- You will receive an email message with the date of your mailbox migration as well as links to support articles related to updating applications and mobile devices.
- Please visit UM Solutions Center and familiarize yourself with the instructions for restarting and updating the settings of applications and devices. You may also consider printing these instructions, so you have them handy in case you are unable to immediately access your email after the migration.
- No other action is required on your part during this timeframe. All of your other settings, folder structures, and existing mail will be retained and updated during the migration.
During the Migration
- You may continue to utilize your mailbox during the migration period, no email will be lost during the migration.
- Please note that there may also be brief periods of inaccessibility once the migration is complete.
After the Migration
- In most cases, restarting and updating the settings of applications and devices will be necessary.
- Verify that you can access, send, and receive email via your usual methods (desktop, mobile devices, webmail, etc.). For instructions on configuring various email clients and devices post-migration, please visit the UM Solutions Center.
- Review Office 365 Email Known Issues.
- Report any issues to the Central IT Helpdesk at 406-243-HELP (4357) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you use OWA (Outlook Web App) to access your email, please note the new URL you will use following the migration: https://outlook.office365.com/umt.edu
- UM Solutions Center – online self-help for answers to common email set up questions
- For all questions about your Exchange Email migration to Office 365, please contact your direct IT support or the Central IT Helpdesk at 406-243-HELP (4357) or e-mail email@example.com.