Telephone services include a desk phones (see options), voice mail and voice menus, and jacks for FAX, modem or credit card machines.
How to request
This form should be completed by managers to authorize individuals within the unit who can initiate work orders and make changes to telephone and network billing.
One-time activation charge:
- $25 per telephone. Additional labor charges may apply for more advanced options.
- There is no charge for de-activating a telephone.
- As of July 1, 2017 there is no recurring monthly telephone service charge for UM-funded units. For units not directly funded by UM (i.e. the Bookstore), there is an $8 per month recurring charge per network port.
- Long-distance charges, billed by the State of Montana, will still apply.
Charges for non-UM funded units
|Telephone equipment||See options|
|Extension of an existing line||$4.50|
|Analog line for an alarm/ alert system||$4.50|
|Guest voice mailbox not connected to a phone||$9.50|
|Voice menu controlled by date/time settings||$23.00|
|Live jack for fax, modem or credit card machine||$25.00|
Any official UM department or organization.
- Voice/TDD: (406) 243-2243 or (406) 243-5136, voice mail
- Voice mail: (406) 243-4696, email@example.com
- Telephone accounting: (406) 243-4696
- Repair service: submit a telephone repair request online or call (406) 243-6565 (main desk)