Accessible technology support
IT provides training and consulting to help departments meet requirements of UM's Electronic and Information Technology Accessibility policy. Accessible Technology Services can provide help with ensuring that documents, instructional materials, media, software, hardware, computing systems and websites meet accessibility requirements. Accessible Technology Services also directly supports students' assistive technology needs and in obtaining alternative formats.
Contact ATS at 243-2082 or call 243-4357 (HELP) for the following:
- Alternative formats - Eligible students can receive alternative formats
- Documents - Making PDFs and Word documents accessible
- Email - Making email attachments and images accessible
- Multimedia - Making media published to the web or presented in class accessible through captioning
- Software/Hardware - Determining if electronic and information technology is accessible
- Web pages - Making web content accessible and compliant with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0
Contact Tim McHenry at firstname.lastname@example.org or 243-4461 for the following:
- Labs - Information about providing assistive technology in UM labs
- Assistive technology - Support for the assistive technologies listed to the left.