Secure wireless access
The University of Montana offers access to Eduroam, a secure, world-wide roaming access service developed for the international research and education community. Eduroam allows students, researchers and staff from participating institutions to obtain Internet connectivity across campus and when visiting other participating institutions using their home institutions credentials.
Eduroam login credentials
Log into Eduroam with your Net ID followed by @umontana.edu (firstname.lastname@example.org) and your NetID password.
Before you begin
Run the latest updates on your computing device as well as for your wireless card before you configure eduroam to ensure successful results. In addition, make sure that your anti-virus software definitions are up-to-date.
- Select eduroam from the list of available networks
- Enter your credentials (NetID@umontana.edu and password)
- Click continue/ok if prompted for any certificate validation
Note: On August 9, 2017 the UMwpa wireless network will stop broadcasting and all secure wireless access will be through Eduroam.
Tips & tricks for configuration
- On your mobile device, make sure the Phase 2 Authentication is set to MSVCHAP2.
- If you are not prompted for login credentials, try forgetting the network and have your device discover it again.
- If you have specified another DNS, such as Google, you will not be able to connect to our secure wireless network.
- On a Mac, verify that you were assigned an IP address, release and renew your lease to get a valid IP.
If you need assistance with configuring your device, contact IT Central, Social Science 120, or call 243-HELP (4357) Mon – Fri 8 a.m – 5 p.m.