Administration & Staff
Director of Marketing and Communications
- Office: LAW 136
- Phone: (406) 243-6509
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.linkedin.com/in/andi-armstrong-86579946/
As the Director of Marketing and Communications, Andi works with the leadership, faculty, staff and students of the Blewett School of Law to develop and implement a coordinated strategy for engaging with School of Law stakeholders through web, video, social media, and print materials. She manages the production and distribution of all marketing materials and activities in both electronic and print formats, including but not limited to: websites, social media, alumni newsletters, enrollment marketing, brochures, fact sheets, posters, advertisements, and promotional articles, and news releases. This involves writing, editing, layout and design as well as working collaboratively with designers, photographers, and writers.
Andi joined the law school family in December 2019, bringing with her over a decade of experience in higher education at the University of Montana. She is a former Wellness Champion, Staff Ambassador alumna, and former Staff Senate executive officer and has served on numerous University committees as well as national professional associations. Currently, Andi is an active member of the University's Executive Marketing and Communications Committee and Green Office Program in addition to continuing her support of the LGBTQ+ community as a UM Ally.
- M.A. English literature (2008)
- B.A. English, Spanish minor, with high honors (2005)
- Director of Marketing and Communications, University of Montana Alexander Blewett III School of Law, 2019-present
- Assistant Director, Marketing and Operations, University of Montana Campus Recreation, 2017-2020
- MIS Department Assistant/IT Assistant, University of Montana College of Business, 2013-2017
- Special Event Team Security Guard, University of Montana Campus Police, 2011-2013
- Administrative Associate, University of Montana Davidson Honors College, 2007-2013
- Administrative Assistant, Montana Office of Tourism Electronic Promotions Division, 2001-2006
Honors / Awards
2017 Outstanding Staff Award: Campus Interaction and Meritorious Job Performance
Outside of work, Andi's interests include reading, RPGs, true crime documentaries and podcasts, British period dramas, sustainability, martial arts, hiking, cross-country skiing and other outdoor adventures, most notably sea kayaking with orcas in the San Juan Islands, flying over the Bob Marshall Wilderness with her pilot husband, and trekking to a hidden waterfall and the ruins of King Kamehameha III's summer palace in Hawaii. She is particularly passionate about fitness and holds the following certifications:
- TRX Qualified Trainer
- Beachbody Core de Force Instructor
- Semi-Pro Pink Gloves Boxing Trainer
- Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Certified
Andi has volunteered for the Missoula Police Department and Missoula County Search and Rescue and completed both the Citizens' Law Enforcement Academy and the Citizens' Local Government Academy.