Honors Admission Program
The Alexander Blewett III School of Law offers a streamlined application process for qualified students in good standing at either the Davidson Honors College at the University of Montana - Missoula or the Honors College at Montana State University - Bozeman. The Honors Admission Program is subject to annual review by the School of Law, which may alter or eliminate the program without advance notice.
General Application – A candidate must apply under the general application procedure through LSAC if any of the following requirements are not met. Register for LSAC’s Credential Assembly Service (CAS) and follow the instructions for the A1 Application.
Baccalaureate Degree – Candidates must have received, prior to matriculation, a baccalaureate degree from either the University of Montana’s Davidson Honors College or Montana State University’s Honors College, with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.5 or above.
Moral Character – Applicants must be of good moral character and must maintain good moral character as a condition of continuing enrollment.
LSAT – Candidates must take the Law School Admissions Test (LSAT) and receive a score of 154 or above. Register at www.lsac.org.
CAS – If admitted, register for LSAC’s Credential Assembly Service (CAS) and follow the instructions for the A2 Honors Program Application.
Apply - To apply for admission under this option, applicants must submit the following documents directly to the Admissions Office at the Alexander Blewett III School of Law, University of Montana, 32 Campus Drive, Missoula, Montana 59812:
- Completed Honors Admission Program application;
- Unofficial transcript showing at least 6 semesters of grades;
- Current resume; and
- One academic letter of recommendation.
Deadline - The priority deadline for an Honors Application is March 15. Applications received after March 15 will be considered on a space-available basis. The Honors Admission Program normally will result in an admission decision within 72 hours of the Law School’s receipt of the completed application.
Acceptance – To accept an offer of admission under this program, an admitted applicant must:
- Pay a $300 seat deposit by April 1 or within 14 days of admission, whichever is later.
- Complete the abbreviated Honors Application (A2) with LSAC for the Alexander Blewett III School of Law at the University of Montana within 60 days of admission but no later than August 15.
- Register for the Credential Assembly Service (“CAS”) through LSAC at www.lsac.org. The CAS report must contain official transcripts from all universities and colleges attended and LSAT scores.
- It is the student’s responsibility to register for the CAS and ensure that all transcripts, scores and fees have been received by the LSAC within 60 days of admission but no later than August 15.
- The School of Law will waive the application fee for students who apply under this option.
Scholarships – All accepted applicants will be considered for available scholarships. While some scholarship awards are granted at the time of acceptance, many are granted after acceptance and occasionally after a deposit has been paid.