Certificate in Nonprofit Administration (Online)
The Certificate in Nonprofit Administration is designed for students wishing to develop professional competencies relating to nonprofit management. This is a graduate level, professional certificate. The classes are $500 per class (for any in- or out-of-state student). To sign up for classes, do so using this link. You can sign up 7 days prior to a semester start date (if space is available). A list of classes are below. For course offering periodicity use this link.
To earn a certificate the student must complete a minimum of 16 credits as follows:
12 credits from among the following online courses:
- NPAD 501 Nonprofit Human Resource Management – 2 credits
- NPAD 502 Nonprofit Volunteer Management – 2 credits
- NPAD 503 Nonprofit Program Planning and Evaluation – 2 credits
- NPAD 505 Nonprofit Advocacy and Public Policy – 2 credits
- NPAD 506 Nonprofit Board Management – 2 credits
- NPAD 510 Nonprofit Strategic Planning – 2 credits
- NPAD 511 Nonprofit Grant Writing – 2 credits
- NPAD 512 Nonprofit Fundraising – 2 credits
- NPAD 513 Nonprofit Financial Management – 2 credits
- NPAD 560 Nonprofit Marketing and Social media - 2 credits
Note: Effective Fall 2020, all classes will be taught at the 500 level. If you are an undergraduate finishing the certificate, please contact the Department Chair, Dr. Sara Rinfret.
4 credits of NPAD 598 Internship. (Syllabus PDF) Contact Dr. Adam Brewer, internship coordinator for requirements and registration. See our department internship page for the syllabus and requirements.
All courses taken in pursuit of the certificate must be taken for graded credit, and a grade of C or above must be achieved in order to receive credit for any course. Nonprofit certificate credits can be applied to the Master of Public Administration (discuss with Department chair the process).
This program is offered on a self-supporting basis. To learn about fee schedules and how to register, visit UMOnline.