Information for New Employees

Required Training for New Hires

Visit our Training Requirements page to see what training is required for your job.

Time Cards


Required Forms for New Hires

Once you are will need to access each of the following forms. These forms can be printed off and once completed, mailed, scanned/emailed or faxed to our office at the address listed below.  To streamline this process, be sure to read INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING OUT OUR HIRING FORMS.

Personal Information Form

PERS (Retirement Election) Form   NOTE - original PERS form/signature is required by UM.  Please surface mail.

I-9   NOTE -procedure for this form has changed recently, please refer to instructions link above


Direct Deposit

Direct Deposit for Travel or Misc Expenses (not Payroll)

Authorization to Mail Check

Federal Volunteer Form

NOTE: If you live out of the Missoula area your paychecks will be held on campus. If you choose to have them mailed, fill out the AUTHORIZATION TO MAIL CHECK form listed in the drop box and send it in with your hiring papers.

If you elect to have your paychecks Direct Deposited, your first paycheck will be held on campus (or mailed if you live out of the Missoula area). This is necessary in order to make sure your bank routing information has been entered correctly.

Please contact the office if you have questions on filling out forms: or (406) 243-4388

Mail completed forms to:

Montana Coop Wildlife Research Unit
The University of Montana
Attn: Tina Anderson
Natural Science Building - Room 205
Missoula, MT 59812