Your Next Steps
First and foremost-- congratulations and welcome to our Dual Enrollment Program! There are a few things you will need to do ensure you're set to hit the ground running in the program.
- Go to my.umt.edu and set up your login, if you run into any issues with our online systems please feel free to reach out to our IT Support at (406)243-4357, they are open Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm. Here are the instructions on how to login for the first time:
- Look up your NetID using the NetID Lookup Tool
- At the UM Login Page enter your NetID and the last six digits of your UM Student ID (790#). This was on your acceptance letter. If do not remember your student ID you can email our Dual Enrollment Specialist at email@example.com
- Click Login.
- You will now be asked to change your password and set up your security question> This will happen during your first login only.
- Once you are logged in you will be able to access all our NetID services such as CyberBear, UMConnect Email, and Moodle.
- Access CyberBear
- Click Student Services
- Registration is where you will either register for your courses or if all ready registered confirm you are registered for the correct courses.
- Student Accounts is where you can view and pay your bill.
- Student Records is where you can access your unofficial transcripts or view the link to access official transcripts.
- Click Student Services
- UMConnect Email - It is very important that you set up your UM email. Your UM email is how the University and University Faculty members will communicate with you about important information regarding your class and your bill. This is also how you should communicate with anyone from the University, especially your University instructors.
Make sure you're paying attention to deadlines, you are responsible for knowing when to register by, when the semester starts, when things are due, etc. Early College students follow all the same deadlines as our undergraduate students, here is the link to our deadlines
Confirm your enrollment through CyberBear by the payment deadline to avoid cancellation. In CyberBear click on the link to your registration bill - Proceed to Registration Bill. If you owe a balance you will need to pay that balance before the 1-2-Free funds can be applied to your account.
Moodle is where students can access their online course content and has tons of helpful links to other resources. If you are new to online courses and/or Moodle, you may wish to explore the "Moodle 101 for Students" tutorial to get acquainted with the general course layout and key features. A link to the tutorial appears in the right menu of Moodle once you are logged on. For technical assistance please call (406)243-4999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't forget your textbooks! You can order your books or see what books you need by going to http://montanabookstore.com/ You can find all the information on your class such as the section number through CyberBear. After you know what book you need feel free to shop around, the Bitterroot College has compiled a list of good options.
If you need anything our Dual Enrollment team is here to help!
Jordan Patterson, UM Dual Enrollment Program Director