UM High School All-Star Honor Choir
Greetings, Montana Choral Directors,
It is my pleasure to announce our 2020 University of Montana All-Star Honor Choir and
Dr. Coreen Duffy
Nominations Accepted November 1 – November 15, 2019
Click here to access the INFORMATION LETTER which includes a link to the online nomination form.
Results Posted November 30, 2019
A unique and selective choral experience for students in the Northwest United States and Canada.
“I cannot express my appreciation enough for this event. Not only did my students have a wonderful, positive experience but I, too, found it educational and inspiring."
“This event changed my life as a singer and inspired me to continue pursuing my love of music!”
–past All-Star Mixed Choir member
“Thank you for this amazing opportunity. I am so blessed to have been given a chance to accomplish something I am so very proud and excited about!”
–past All-Star Women’s Choir member
All-Star Mixed & Treble Choir
Dr. Jo-Michael Scheibe
University of Southern California
Thorton School of Music
All-Star Tenor/Bass Choir
Dr. Coreen Duffy
University of Montana
We are proud to offer this festival at the most reasonable price possible. We have not increased our registration fee since beginning this event five years ago. Your $95 registration fee includes:
- Event registration & participation
- Use of all scores from UM library during the event (sent in advance of festival)
- Lunches and dinners (and Sunday brunch) from the UM Food Zoo
- Singer & Director gift
** Participants are responsible for their own lodging **
Payment Due Date
- December 10, 2019
If you would like an invoice, send an email request to Jill Johns.
Payment MethodsCredit Card
The University of Montana accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover
Call 406-243-6081 with card information or make your payment online.
- Make checks payable to UM School of Music
- Memo line - All-Star Honor Choir
There are plenty of hotels within walking distance from the UM campus. While arrangements are made by the participants and/or their directors, we typically suggest checking with the following two hotels first, for their affordability, accessibility and reliability:
1021 E Broadway
Missoula, MT 59802
Breakfast is included in this price.
All rooms include a microwave and a small refrigerator.
Other hotels may be available and can be booked at each school’s discretion.
Directors, Parents, and Chaperones
Any director, parent or chaperone may purchase individual meals at the UM Food Zoo for the regular cash price (Breakfast $10.25, Lunch $11.25, Dinner $12.25).
Friday, January 17-Sunday, January 19:
On-Site registration begins
Final Concert begins 12:30
A detailed event schedule will be included in participant communications
- UM School of Music scholarship auditions are available to seniors during the event.
- Music scholarships cover from 10%-80% of tuition, can be bundled with most academic/leadership scholarships, and can be awarded to both in-state and out-of-state students.
- Auditions are ten minutes in length.
- Scholarship audition requirements are listed on the School of Music website at umt.edu/music under “admissions”.
- Call Teresa Gray at 406-243-6880 for scheduling.
- Your All-Star Music (if your director elected to receive hard copies in the mail)
- A pencil (or three)
- Your home choir concert attire
- A black choir folder or black 3-ring binder
In order to get the music into the student's hands in a timely fashion, it is strongly encouraged that student or parent emails be included in the confirmation pages once the singers receive their acceptance notices. We will email (or mail, if requested) all music and instructions for part divisi once payment is received (Deadline: December 10).