Resources for your Student
Navigating the University and all of its resources takes a bit of time. Students often know that resources exist, but struggle to know when they should utilize certain services or how something like a quick trip to the Writing Center could help them in all their classes. Here are some of UM’s big resources:
- This office provides students with a range of services including academic advising for specific pre-majors, tutoring, general education evaluations and a number of other student success programs.
- First semester freshman that struggle academically meet with professional advisors during Operation Freshman Recovery in the first week of spring semester. Conversations focus on getting them on track towards success.
- Students are able to ask their RA just about anything. As students themselves, they have been through many of the same things your student is going through. They are able to point them in the right direction to get the help that they need.
- Disability Services for Students (DSS) provides modifications and services to students with disabilities for their access and inclusion on campus.
- This provides free group tutoring to students in many different courses including Spanish, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Biology, and more. Located in the UC Commons.
- Free one-on-one tutoring and workshops to help students complete assignments for courses, scholarship applications, graduate school essays, and preparation for the Writing Proficiency Assessment. By appointment in Liberal Arts 144 or drop in the Mansfield Library.
- Provides students with access to different career inventory surveys along with career counseling options. They also offer resume assistance, interview preparation, and career consultations after graduation.
- Testing services provides a quiet place for students with accommodations to take tests. You are also able to take tests such as the GRE at Testing Services.
- An online directory to the different services provided at UM and the different office that students will use during their time at UM.