Alumni & Parents
Where can I obtain my official transcript?
Request Online - fast, easy, 24/7
Option 1: Direct your browser to the National Student Clearinghouse website and follow the directions after clicking "Order-Track-Verify"
For detailed guidelines, please consult the Online Ordering Instructions at at National Student Clearinghouse FAQ
Option 2: Login to the cyberbear.umt.edu site.
Enter your NetID (two letters followed by six numbers (e.g.: ab123456). Employee NetID's will have an "e" at the end (ab123456e). Enter your NetID password. It you've never logged in with your NetID, your password is the last six digits of your 790#
The first time you log in to CyberBear, you will be prompted to change your password and establish a security question and answer. This will allow you to reset your password later if you forget it. You can find your NetID using the online NetID lookup tool. If you are a student who has requested confidentiality through the Registrar's Office, your information will not display in the NetID lookup. If you can't remember your password, click on the password reset button on the login page.
1) Click: Student Services
2) Click: Student Records
3) Click: NEW! Order an Enrollment Verification (Free) or Official Academic Transcript (credit card req. - add'l fee applies)
4) Click: Go to Clearinghouse site. A new window will pop up
If you attended prior to 1992, you will NOT be able to order an electronic (PDF) transcript. Please follow the same instructions on National Student Clearinghouse to place your order. Once received, we will mail a physical copy of your transcripts to the exact address listed in your order.
Note: The Office of the Registrar cannot process Official Academic Transcripts. You must use National Student Clearinghouse to place your order.
For any questions, please call our Transcript Coordinator at 406-243-2996.
Where can I obtain an unofficial transcript?
If you attended after Autumn 1992, you can get your unofficial transcript on Cyberbear (https://cyberbear.umt.edu). Log in to your Cyberbear account or (if you do not remember your login credentials) use the “what is my NetID”/password recovery tools and answer the security questions associated with your account.
If that does not work, you could contact IT Central on email@example.com or (406) 243-4357. They will help you reactivate your Cyberbear account.
When in Cyberbear, go to ‘Student Services’ → ‘Student Records’ → ‘Academic Transcript.’ You could save the page as a PDF by giving the print command (Ctrl+P or Command+P depending on whether you use a PC or Mac), and then change your printer to “Save as PDF.” We recommend using Google Chrome or Mac for this.
Where can I obtain an Apostile?
An Apostile is a certification, commonly used to refer to the legalization of a document for international use under the terms of the 1961 Hague Convention. Documents - including official academic transcripts and diplomas - which have been notarized by a notary public and then certified with a conformant apostile (Montana Secretary of State's Office) are accepted for legal use in all the nations that have signed the Hague Convention.
The University of Montana's procedures to request an Apostile on a Diploma and/or Official Academic Transcript follows. In general, you should allow a minimum of three to four weeks for an apostile request to be processed.
Montana Secretary of State Website
Information regarding an apostile on an academic transcript is near the bottom of the web page on the certification and apostile section of the Secretary of State's website.
Procedures to Request an Apostile on a Diploma and/or Official Academic Transcript
- Transcripts: Request an official transcript through the National Student Clearinghouse. Instructions for ordering an official transcript through Clearinghouse may be found on their FAQ. Questions may be directed to 406-243-2996.
Diplomas: Provide the original diploma or order a replacement through the Registrar’s Office. Questions may be directed to 406-243-2422
- Include a check in the amount of $30.00 payable to The University of Montana.
- Allow eight weeks for processing the order.
- Send a request in writing stating that the replacement will be used in the Apostile process to Registrar’s Office - Attention Apostile, The University of Montana, 32 Campus Drive, Missoula, MT 59812.
- Include in the packet addressed, stamped envelopes. One envelope for the Registrar’s Office to send the documents to the Secretary of State and the other indicating the destination of the completed document(s).
- Postage on each envelope should allow for as many documents as you are requesting being processed for apostile.
- A personal or cashier’s check made out to the Montana Secretary of State in the amount of $10 for each document to be validated must accompany the request.
- Upon receipt of the request in the Registrar’s Office, the process is as follows:
- The transcript and/or diploma is signed on the back by the Registrar and notarized. The notarization includes all the usual information necessary for a notarized document.
- The signed document(s), student-addressed envelope, check, and cover letter from the Registrar’s Office are then mailed to the Secretary of State’s office at the address below. Their certification information is available on the Secretary of State’s office website.
- Students may expedite the process by requesting and paying for overnight delivery of the document(s) through any or all phases of the process.
- As a general rule, students should allow 3-4 weeks for completion of the Apostile process. Processing time may vary by time of year and demand for the Apostile services. If a replacement diploma is ordered, add an additional eight weeks for processing.
Montana Secretary of State
State Capitol, Room 260
P.O. Box 202801
Helena, MT 59620-2801
How can I access historical records?
How can I obtain a Griz Card?
How do I obtain access to Campus Recreation?
The Griz Card is your key to the University's state-of-the-art fitness facility, one swipe of your Griz Card allows you access to Campus Recreation via turnstiles. Eligibility for UM Recreation Center membership is dependent upon the affiliate's department. Once approval is granted and a Griz Card is issued, proceed to the Rec Center for payment and access.
The Campus Rec membership fee is $48 per month, and must be paid by term. The Membership Terms are autumn, spring and summer. Members must sign up for at least one term. Members may sign up for one, two, or all three terms. Month-to-month memberships are not available. Membership terms are not prorated over the course of the month, but are prorated over the course of the membership term, meaning members will not have to pay for past months during term. Retired UM Employees, UM Associates (excluding UM Employee spouses and children) must join by term.
Where can I find information on the upcoming Commencement?
Students previously enrolled at The University of Montana-Missoula who have interrupted their enrollment for 24 months or more must submit an application for readmission. Applications for readmission may be obtained from Admissions or Graduate School Offices.
Former undergraduate degree students who do not plan to change their status and who have attended another college/university since attending The University of Montana-Missoula, even if their absence from UM has been less than two years in duration, must submit college transcripts.
The application should be returned to Admissions one month before registration to avoid registration delays and late fees. Applications for readmission are accepted through the seventh class day of the semester for which you are applying.
- Students who have only previously enrolled in Continuing Education courses must use the standard admissions application, available from Admissions and New Student Services.
- Students applying to enroll as a graduate non-degree or graduate degree seeking student should contact the Graduate School for the proper paper work.
New or former students who are applying for readmission after an absence of 24 months or more must submit a Medical History Report to the Curry Health Center before registration can be permitted.
If you have any questions regarding the readmission process, please contact Admissions at (406) 243-6266.
Cyberbear Login Information
- Enter your NetID (two letters followed by six numbers (ab123456). Employee NetID's will have an "e" at the end (ab123456e).
- Enter NetID password. It you've never logged in with your NetID, your password is the last six digits of your 790#.
- The first time you log in you will be promoted to change your password and establish a security question and answer. This will allow you to reset your password later if you forget it.
You can find your NetID using the online NetID lookup tool. If you are a student who has requested confidentiality through the Registrar's Office, your information will not display in the NetID lookup.
If you can't remember your password, click on the password reset button on the login page.