Retroactive Semester Withdrawal
AS OF 9/2/22 THIS POLICY IS IN MORATORIUM IN PERPETUITY.
More information is available in the Important Policy Update Pertaining to Withdrawals notification sent to campus by the Office of the Provost.
- Course Repeats
- Initial grades will be marked as repeated and remain on the transcript, but they will not be used in the GPA calculation
- All courses repeated remain on the permanent record but only the last grade received is used to determine credits earned and in calculating the grade point average.
- Academic Forgiveness
- Allows a student who returns to the university after a minimum absence of 3 years and completes 30 credits, with a minimum GPA of 2.5 across those 30 credits, to select prior semester(s) they wish to have excluded from their GPA.
- Grade Change for Single Courses from NF to W
- Students can have NF grades changed to a W on their transcript by emailing email@example.com from their UMontana email with their 790# and paying the $10 fee charged to their student account.