Kathryn Mariucci, CPIA, RBP
Senior IACUC Manager
UM Biosafety Officer
ResCue Concentrate, One-Step Disinfectant Cleaner
Updated: April 24, 2017
This Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) describes the process for mixing Rescue Concentrate solution for cleaning floors in animal rooms, hallways, and walls and surfaces during All Surface Cleaning.
It is the responsibility of all LAR staff to know the proper procedure for mixing ResCue Concentrate and knowing the correct application for applying it to animal rooms and hallways.
III. Procedure for Mixing
- Active Ingredients: Hydrogen Peroxide 4.25%; Other Ingredients 95.75%
- Hallways and non-animal related rooms: Dilution 1:128. Mix 1 ounce of ResCue Concentrate to 1 gallon of mop water. If mixing 2 gallons, mix 2 ounces of ResCue Concentrate. Apply to floor surfaces and leave on (3 minute contact time)
- Animal Housing Areas: Dilution 1:64. Mix 2 ounces ResCue Concentrate to I gallon mop water (5 minute contact time)
- General Cleaning: ½ ounce to 1 ounce ResCue Concentrate to 1-gallon water. Wipe surface and let dry.
IV. Safety and MSDS
- ResCue Concentrate is a one-step disinfectant cleaner and deodorant designed for general cleaning and disinfecting of hard, non-porous environmental surfaces. When used as directed, this product is highly effective against a wide variety of pathogenic microorganisms, including bacteria, antibiotic resistant pathogens, viruses, fungi, mold, and mildew, at a 1:16 dilution (8 ounces to 1 gallon water), in the presence of 200 PPM hard water, 5% serum load and 5 minutes contact time.
Kills the following on hard, non-porous surfaces:
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Salmonella enterica
- Staphylococcus aureus
Antibiotic resistant bactericidal activity
- Escherichia coli
- Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
- Staphylococcus epideridis (MRSE)4.
4. Virucidal activity
- Poliovirus Type 1
- Influenza A (H1N1)
- Equine Influenza A Virus
- Porcine Respiratory and Reproductive Syndrome
- Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea Virus
- Canine Parvovirus
- Minute Virus of Mice
5. Mildewcidal activity
- Kills the growth of mold and mildew when diluted at 1:16 (8 ounces ResCue to 1-gallon water) in 200 PPM hard water (10 minute contact time)
V. First Aid – MSDS Sheets in MSDS Notebooks
Harmful if swallowed. Wear chemical splash-proof goggles or face shield while mixing. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after handling, and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, or using tobacco.
- Eyes: Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eyes.
- Skin and Clothing: Take off contaminated clothing. Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15 to 20 minutes.
- If Swallowed: Have the person sip a glass of water if able to swallow. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so.
In Case of Emergency: Call a poison center or doctor for treatment advice.
Manufactured by Virox Technologies Inc. 1-800-387-7578
** Remains effective at dilution rates for 90 days