Kathryn Heivilin, CPIA, RBP
Senior IACUC Manager
UM Biosafety Officer
Last Review Date: December 12, 2017
The purpose of this standard operating procedure is to explain the process
It is the responsibility of all LAR staff to know the procedure for changing, autoclaving, and cleaning mop heads. There are 2 sets of rotating mop heads: (1) mops in use and (2) clean mops to be delivered.
III. Procedure for Processing Soiled Mop Heads
- Every 4 weeks (on Thursday morning before 11:00) collect dirty mop heads from all animal rooms and place them inside a Missoula Textiles bag. Replace with clean, sterilized mop heads.
- Place the Missoula Textiles bag in the loading dock area of Health Science Building before the pick-up time of 2:00 on that same Thursday by Missoula Textiles.
- Cleaned mops will be returned the following month when Missoula Textiles picks-up the next bag of dirty mops.
III. Procedure for Using Commercially Cleaned Mop Heads
- Missoula Textiles will exchange clean mops for soiled mops every 4 weeks.
- Missoula Textiles will leave clean mops in a Missoula Textile bag in the loading dock area of Health Science Building when they pick up the dirty mop heads.
- Return cleaned, autoclaved mops to their assigned rooms on Thursday afternoon.