Kathryn Heivilin, CPIA, RBP
Senior IACUC Manager
UM Biosafety Officer
Steam Sterilization Integrator Strips
Last Review Date: April 22, 2018
Getinge steam sterilization integrator strips indicate exposure to the conditions which will achieve sterilization - the proper combination of time and temperature in the presence of steam.
The integrator reacts with
II. Instructions for use
- Use one steam sterilization integrator strip in each autoclave load.
- Tape one steam integrator strip to a bedding bag and place that bag in the middle of the load to be autoclaved. For other types of loads, place or tape the strip such that it is in the middle of the load.
- Autoclave on "bedding" setting (or
other settingas indicated by the type of load).
- After the sterilization process is completed, observe the integrator strip
barhas reached "FINISH" line, it is safe to assume that loads containing the Getinge Sterilization Integrator hasbeen exposed to sterilizing conditions
barhas not turned and has not advanced to "FINISH" line, safety requirements for sterilization have not been met. Reprocessing is recommended.
- Always check expiration date on package of Integrator Strips prior to use.