Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Office of Diversion Control: Registration Application

Researchers planning to use any DEA regulated controlled substances in their animal research must have a current DEA license on file with the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) Coordinator, Kathy Heivilin, or must have applied for such a license before an Animal Use Protocol will be approved by the IACUC.

The registration application (Form 225) is available at https://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/webforms/.

  • There is NO application fee for the DEA license for applicants from teaching institutions.
  • Dangerous Drug Researcher number: PHA-DDR-LIC-15066.
  • The UM tax exempt ID: 816001713.
  • The Official is Dr. Scott Whittenburg, Vice President for Research, 406-243-6670.