Student Affairs Notification Dashboard Guidelines/Procedures
Last Approved by Student Services Directors and Senior Management: January 15, 2009
Update (as of January 2017)SAIT does not manage Mass Email anymore. For a Mass Email request, contact Trail Bundy from VPESA (Vice President for Enrollment and Student Affairs) at extension x5225.
The Dashboard application is designed to post messages into “One Stop” to target groups and subgroups. “Faculty and Staff” includes all members and does not have any subgroups.
- This system can also send messages via email to all UMontana addresses.
- Effective use of this system will depend on limiting messages to avoid inundation – acceptable use might include annual surveys or flue shot notifications, etc. Other appropriate announcement tools include the Campus Events Calendar on the UM homepage or the DEN for the dorm residents.
- Directors must approve all requests prior to sending to the VPSA Office. Submissions should be sent from the director/manager to the Vice President's Office for approval.
- Revisions may be necessary, and review may take up to ten (10) business days. Sending messages for approval two weeks in advance is recommended.
- Following approval, messages will be transferred electronically by SAIT and sent through the “Notification Dashboard”. This process may take up to two (2) business days. Every effort will be made to send the messages by the desired date.
- Messages should be readable with no scrolling.
- If more detail is needed, include a link to a webpage to access further information.
- Brevity and clarity are the key.
- Submissions should contain message text, intended audience, and desired send date.