Tech Liaison Updates April 2010
- Luke Smith
- Jesse Neidigh
- Dan Bowling
- Antony Jo
- Jessica Roberson
- Kate Oyler
- Dan Burke
- Ber Yang
- Adrianne Donald
- Loren Spencer
- Christine Freelin
- Melissa Steinike
- Diego Bejarano
- Kelly Speer
- The problems with the water cooler have been fixed, so servers can now be moved into the server room.
- Expect downtime notifications before we move servers. We will try to move servers outside of work hours.
- Curry is almost 100% migrated to managed Symantec Endpoint.
- We are working on a website to provide reports about managed client machines.
- CBORD has been upgraded to a new version.
- Banner has been upgraded to a new version.
- Flash/Adobe updates have been requested by some departments.
- Ninite is an excellent tool for automating many common installs and upgrades.
- Please contact the DCO if you need assistance with upgrading, or are encountering issues with the new versions.
- The DCO would like to give a friendly reminder to run new equipment by us before ordering. With another pair of eyes to check specifications on equipment, you can avoid potential headaches and unnecessary downtime.
- We are working on a new ticketing system to track support issues within Student Affairs.
- Requests for testers will go out so
- Deadline for RTA applicants is April 24th.
- Adam Ormesher will be replacing Luke next year as an RTA coordinator.
- Please let us know ASAP if you have summer projects that you would like assistance with. Our summer schedule is filling up fast.
Student Affairs CMS and Cascade
- We no longer fully support the old Student Affairs CMS. If you have not moved to Cascade, it is critical that you do so ASAP.
- Cascade has an option to auto-resize images when they are uploaded. The resizing is very effective for the web. Contact Dan at x2008 if you have questions.
- The UM homepage is under evaluation. Talk to Dan if you would like to pass feedback on to the evaluators.