Tech Liaison Updates March 2010
- Antony Jo
- Dan Bowling
- Jesse Neidigh
- Jessica Roberson
- Adrianne Donald
- Ber Yang
- Diego Bejarano
- Kate Oyler
- Loren Spencer
- Melissa Steinike
- Shane Heivly
Update on UMontana E-mail
- Most students should now be using the new UMConnect mail system.
- Grizmail will be completely gone by March 12th.
- The UMConnect junk filter issue should be resolved but please let us know if there’s any problem.
Smart phones in UM
- SAIT recommends the usage of smart phones with Windows Mobile and Android OS platform because those phones integrate better with Campus’ Exchange system.
- We discourage the usage of Blackberry because we have received negative feedback from Blackberry users on campus and each users will have to pay a yearly fee of $160 to use the full Outlook integration.
Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) Deployment
- SAIT is in the process of deploying SEP to machines within Student Affairs.
- SAIT is prioritizing machines with outdated Antivirus software and machines that are experiencing issues with SAV.
- SAIT will be deploying SEP with any new machines that are set up by the RTAs.
Windows 7 Deployment
- SAIT is currently trying to fix the logon script issue with Windows 7 clients and will inform the group once this issue is resolved.
- Campus has an Enterprise license for Windows 7, so departments within Student Affairs can contact SAIT to get this version of Windows 7.
- SAIT recommends regular updates for Flash, Adobe Reader, and Java on workstations within Student Affairs. Please contact the DirectConnect Office for assistance.
Advertising Policy on Websites
- The policy has been approved by the President, but it is not published yet.
UM Web Standards
- The University Web Committee is looking into rewriting the existing Accessibility and Design Standards for UM websites. This change isn't likely to affect the Division of Student Affairs, because the SA Web Standards are already based on the CMS Template Guidelines that the new standards will be built from.
SA Web Developer Open Position