Tech Liaison Updates September 2011
- Antony Jo
- Dan Bowling
- Becky Maier
- Jessica Roberson
- Kate Oyler
- Melissa Steinike
- Shane Heivly
- Jess Neidigh
- The CAG will be going white-list only shortly
- Submit a ticket for users to have access to the CAG
- Jessie has been granted administrative access and will begin building universes for the databases within the division.
SMTP Gateway Changed August 8th
- Old gateways were retired
- smtp.umt.edu should now be used
Wireless Project Update
- Access points and controllers are now in SAIT storage
- IT is setting up the campus wireless
- Is September 21st
- Staff can win prizes <$50.
IT Planning Task Forces
- IT is being analyzed campus-wide
- Three groups
- Planning Committee
- Data Centers
- Nothing is changing, as of yet
- For departments with regular staff meetings, perhaps have your RTA attend one so they can be introduced.
- Jesse and Dan are attempting to create a full-time position
- We are planning on doing more website audits, however, we don't have the manpower at the moment
- Adjusting standards for mobile websites
- Creating support documents for standards of accessibility
- Creating a larger web strategy to give feedback.
- Tracker code embedded in the majority of SA sites.
- If you haven't updated, you switched over automatically-simply publish your page to push the updates.
- Oct. 14th class on how to use filters and analytics
- New headers and footers to all umt.edu pages
- All webpages are getting rolled over
- Dan will be coordinating with departments
- You will have to republish your entire site.
- Accessibility will be re-taught
- Please submit ideas for training sessions
- We're available to train on unlisted topics.
Web Hiring Update
Web Committee for the University
Google Analytics Progress
Web Training Topic Suggestions