SA Tech Liaisons - April 2014
- Antony Jo
- Dan Bowling
- Dean Bartlett
- Jordan Kress
- Will Ramsey
- Camryn Hare
- Becky Maier
- Donna Weathers
- Gordon Terpe
From Tech Partners:
- With the end of XP support, we are currently assessing how many machines are still running XP so we can upgrade or replace them.
From IT Senate:
- IT is developing a new web tool to easily access degree requirements
- We are still pushing the subject of using student photos for security verification purposes.
UC Wireless Upgrade
- The UC wireless upgrade should be finished. All reports indicate that it has gone smoothly.
Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2003 support is ending soon.
- Because many of our servers still use Windows Server 2003, we will be coming up with a migration plan.
- Half of SA has been transitioned to WTS support. The rest are to follow.
- All SSL on campus should be repaired.
- We advise everyone to change passwords ASAP.
- A representative from Ellucian, the company that produces Banner, was on campus
- We are currently exploring some Banner features that we don't use, such as time clocking software
- The agreement with the U.S. Office of Education has been signed.
- Work is ongoing for a plan to make campus more accessible.
- Previews of these documents are available at umt.edu/accessibility.
- With our current student programmer, Jason Cowan, graduating, we will be hiring for a replacement.
- Please let us know if you know someone you think would be a good fit.
- Career Services is working on some new web projects, such as an RSS feed for available jobs and moving student job postings to Griz eRecruiting.
Microsoft Office 2013
- Antony is considering publishing Microsoft Office 2013 as a published application. There was some interest stated.
Creating Accessible Documents
- All staff will need to be trained on creating accessible documents.
- There is a short course offered at umt.edu/it.