SA Tech Liaisons - Feb 2014
- Jesse Neidigh
- Antony Jo
- Dan Bowling
- Dean Bartlett
- Jordan Kress
- Tim McHenry
- Will Ramsey
- Shawn Grove
- Camryn Hare
- Kate Oyler
- Melissa Neidigh
- Laura Colby
- Gordon Terpe
From Tech Partners:
- PaperCut is close to deployment.
- IT Central has a tech partners forum that all can contribute to at umt.edu/tp.
From IT Senate:
- There is work on a new Grizmart approval process for large purposes.
- IT Central is looking into assessment of applications used on campus.
- A wireless survey is in the works
- We covered general experiences. There were some issues with timing of messages, and some Tech Liaisons were not receiving campus communications emails
- We reiterated that emergency text notifications were opt-in.
Jesse Neidigh is out February 23rd - March 3rd
- Smartsheet is being implemented by a la carte licenses to replace Microsoft Projects.
- The CIO has arranged for Banner representatives to assess if Banner is being used effectively around campus.
- Dan Bowling provided a demo of NVDA, a free screen reader.
- Tim McHenry provided a demo of Read & Write Gold, the University's screen reader.