Your memories and photographs are a part of Forest Service history. Sharing them provides a rare glimpse into the lives, troubles, and triumphs of those within our agency, providing a context for our efforts and helping us visualize where we fit individually and nationally. We welcome your stories, and thank you for contributing to our history.
The categories for this year's contest are:
Landscapes: Working for the Forest Service provides us with unique opportunities to enjoy the land we serve. Share your favorite public landscapes! Please submit an explanation/description with each photo submission. We’ll be sure to post them together at NRU.
Free Time: Does your free time cross paths with the landscape you work in? Share you photos of where you free time takes you! Please submit an explanation/description with each photo submission. We’ll be sure to post them together at NRU.
Action: Action takes many shapes. We begin projects, adapt to changes, and observe our ever-changing landscape. Please share your exciting on-the-job action pictures! Please submit an explanation/description with each photo submission. We’ll be sure to post them together at NRU.
Here are a few points to consider:
Official Contest Rules
Entries must be submitted via e-mail no later than March 1, 2018 to Ginger Claussen at email@example.com
- Provide your name and “NRU Photo Contest” in the subject line of the email (i.e. “Joe Smith-NRU Contest)
- Each submission must also include a brief description of the photo
- Digital Images must be a minimum pixel size of 2272 x 1704 (4 megapixels) and minimum 300 dpi (dots per inch)
- Scanned images must be at least 300 dpi and the final file size must not exceed 9 megabytes in order to be attached to an email
- Each entrant is eligible to submit a maximum of two (2) images in any of the three categories (for a total of 6 possible entries)
Winner Selection & Awards
Submissions will be reviewed and judged by a panel of NRU appointed judges. Winners will be selected by this same panel. We will also have a “Fan Favorite” photo which will be selected by NRU students attending class during NRU Week. The winners will be announced and presented with an award during the NRU Keynote General Session on Wednesday, March 28, 2018.
The Contest is open to current Forest Service employees working in Region 1 including WO detached employees, Enterprise employees, etc.
~ Good luck, NRU Staff
Questions? Please contact Ginger Claussen 406-243-4623 or firstname.lastname@example.org