Social Work Links
Speaker Series & Seminars
- Student participation in human rights, peace, and social justice activities in collaboration with community-based organizations such as Montana NASW, Montana People's Action, Indian People's Action, Working for Equality and Economic Liberation, Jeannette Rankin Peace Center, Women's Opportunity and Resource Development, Montana Human Rights Network, Montana Food Bank Network, Students for Peace and Justice, and Community Action for Justice in the Americas.
- The President’s lecture series, the Kimmet lecture series in public service. Philosophy Forum, Women's History Month, and Black History Month.
- Lunch and Learn discussions (sponsored by Practical Ethics Center, Women's Studies, Central Asia Studies, International Programs Office, Mansfield Center for Pacific Affairs; International Development Studies, Latin American Studies Program; Native American Studies) that address issues of diversity, international collaboration in research & program development, & cross-cultural issues regarding health, development, & well-being.
- Student involvement in the Women's Center, Lambda Alliance, Multicultural Alliance, Disability Advocacy Services, and the student-run radio station.
- Student participation in the development and implementation of community-based projects and research addressing housing, homelessness, & food system security.
- Faculty and student participation in campus-wide Day of Dialogue.
- College sponsorship of international travel opportunities.
- Opportunity to attend annual campus-based Kyi Yo pow wow.