our favorite websites
- Exploratorium has pulled together all of their at-home science activities about viruses and have updated them to include COVID-19 learning notes.
- The National Science Teachers Association created Coronavirus Elementary Lesson Plan.
Environmental and Earth Sciences
- All About Birds from Cornell University's Ornithology Lab includes Live Cams, Games and lesson plans.
- Missoula's Montana Natural History Center created a great webpage of resources with lesson and videos. MNHC and Missoula Butterfly house are offering zoom-live weekly lessons.
Astronomy and Physical Sciences
- For NASA curriculum for educators, join Infiniscope for free.
- Astronomy activities for students from NASA and Astronomical Society of the Pacific Astronomical Society of the Pacific.
Health and Human Biology
- Backyard Brains, Brainu.org, Neuroscience for Kids and spectrUM's Big Sky Brain Project Lesson Plans are a great place to challenge your family's brains.
- The University of Utah's Learn Genetics has engaging activities to teach genetics, heredity, neuroscience, evolution, human health, ecology, cell biology and science tools.
- American Chemical Society has great chemistry activities with materials found at home.
- Start your own virtual Girls Who Code Club.
- Well designed and interactive technology and engineering design challenges from Technovation.
- Make your own app with MIT App Inventor.
- Explore kid-friendly coding languages and learning tools.
Participate in Research
- At Zooniverse and SciStarter everyone can be a researcher. Volunteers and researcher professionals make discoveries together.
- Participate in wildlife citizen science projects.
All Science Disciplines
- Mystery Science has follow-along videos and hands-on activities. Access to the first few mysteries is free!
- The National Science Teacher Association, NOVA, and National Geographic Education created tools and lessons for on-line learning.
- Scholastic has put together a day-by-day curriculum with on-line books including science activities for grades preK-9th.
- Meaningful math and science interactive simulations at PhET Interactive Simulations.
- Visit SciGirlsConnect for PBS style video lessons.
Music and STEM
- Music videos teaching math and science? So Cool! Thank you OK Go Sandbox!
- Mathematics of Music with awesome video based lessons.
our favorite apps
Flathead Reservation Animal Field Guide: Riparian Species. This educational Free App is available on iTunes and Google Play Store. It provides the Salish, Kootenai, English and Latin names for species along with beautiful photos, range maps, track guide, audio recordings, and identifying characteristics.
- Seek by iNaturalist is easy for kids to take photos of wildlife and plants and earn badges.
Create your own app with MIT App Inventor.
- Scratch and ScratchJr will have your kid learning coding basics and creating in seconds.