Submission Requirements & Deadlines
Information and deadlines for the April 15, 2022 event. Please check this page for future updates.
|Written Submission Deadline (5 pages, financials, appendices)||Thursday, March 24, 2022; 6 p.m.|
|Acceptance Notification||Friday, March 25, 2022; 3 p.m.|
|Revised Written Submission||Tuesday, April 5, 2022; 6 p.m.|
|Competition Day||Friday, April 15, 2022; 7:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Competition Public Event||Friday, April 15, 2022; 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.|
To compete in the Business Startup Challenge, you must have at least one person on your business team who meets all of the following criteria. ONLY PERSONS MEETING THESE CRITERIA ARE PERMITTED TO PRESENT IN THE COMPETITION AND Q&A. Individuals who do not fit the eligibility criteria are welcome to participate in planning the venture as well as travel to Missoula and attend the event and cheer on their team.
Ventures that have already received more than $50k in angel or VC funding (not friends and family) are not eligible to compete.
The teammate who presents must:
- Be a full or part-time undergraduate or graduate level student.
- Have been enrolled in a college or university located in the state of Montana sometime during the current academic year.
Submissions must be:
- Original work of the students on the team.
- New ventures, “not for profits,” social entrepreneurship organizations, or existing firms with new and/or expansion opportunities. Ventures built around private sector licensing of existing commercially viable technologies from universities or research labs are encouraged.
- Ventures which have previously competed in the Business Startup Challenge (does not include the Fall Startup Pitch Competition) may compete again if they did not reach the final four or win an award in prior years. It is anticipated that such ventures would have made significant progress with their startup between competition years.
- For UM teams, you should notify Paul Gladen, Director, Blackstone LaunchPad of your intent to compete (firstname.lastname@example.org). We strongly recommend scheduling a meeting with Paul or one of the Blackstone LaunchPad's consulting team to seek their guidance and advice on your entry prior to submission via the Blackstone LaunchPad website (http://www.umt.edu/launchpad/).
- For non-UM teams, we encourage you to seek the support of a faculty advisor from your institution. We will require you to submit the name and contact details of faculty advisor from your institution when you submit your entry.
To be considered for participation in the live event and to win prizes, your team will need to upload a written submission. Download the Official Submission & Presentation Guidelines.
If you experience a technical issue while submitting, please contact Paul Gladen, email@example.com.