Current UM students
Please see Important Dates and Deadlines for registration and payment dates
Financial Aid may be available for registration fee payment, provided students meet all requirements. If a Pell grant eligible student is attending the special sessions at the end of the summer, they must register for those special sessions before (Date TBD). If they register after that date, they will receive prorated Pell for the number of credits they registered for before (Date TBD). They will not be eligible for Pell grant for the additional credits from the late Summer session.
For undergraduate students, the average credit load is 6-9 credits for each 3-week session and 12-18 credits for each 6-week session as well as the 12-week session. The full-time credit load is 12 credits for undergraduate students and 9 credits for graduate students. Undergraduate students may earn a maximum of 21 credits during the Summer Semester.
If you're not yet a UM student
New graduate non-degree and graduate degree students can also apply online. Students applying for graduate degree or graduate non-degree status should visit the UM Graduate School for more information.
Newly admitted students who plan to begin attending UM in the summer should contact the appropriate admitting office below to ensure that their matriculation term is Summer Semester.
Non-UM students who just want to take Summer courses
You don't have to be a current or newly admitted UM student to take our summer session classes! If you plan to only take summer session courses in 2020, complete the Summer Semester 2020 Only Admission Application. It is not intended for those pursuing a UM degree. Students can register for a maximum of 6 credits during Summer Semester only. Distance (online only) students qualifying for this status are not required to provide proof of immunization or a Pre-Registration Immunization Requirements Form.
(Please Note: You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader DC to download and complete the Summer Semester 2020 Only Admission Application electronically. Once you have completed the form, save it, and send it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
All other students must provide this information if they opt to apply and attend UM in Summer 2020 or any other semester. Students who previously attended UM should follow the readmission procedures and update their immunization records with UM via the Curry Health Center's Health Portal.
If you're already a UM student
- Search in Dynamic Course Schedule for classes and register (check out our courses page to view them by college and type).
If you're not yet a UM student
- Apply online to UM, then you can register for Summer 2020 through Cyberbear
- You can use Dynamic Course Schedule to browse classes (check out our courses page to view them by college and type).
If you just want to take Summer classes
- If you are not a current UM student or applying to become a UM student and are only planning to take summer session courses in 2020, complete the Summer Semester 2020 Only Admission Application - max of 6 credits. It is not intended for those pursuing a UM degree.
- Please Note: You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader DC to download and complete the Summer Semester 2020 Only Admission Application electronically. Once you have completed the form, save it, and send it as an attachment to email@example.com.