Facilities Assistant, UC Building Services
|Position Title:||Facilities Assistant||Department:||UC Building Services|
|Salary:||$12.846/hr||Work Schedule:||Full-time, 10:00pm - 6:30am|
The Facilities Assistant within the University Center (UC) Building Services works a traditional nighttime “third shift” (10:00 p.m. to 6:30 a.m.) including weekends and holidays. This position performs beginning to intermediate routine custodial duties, including, but not limited to: sweeping, mopping, polishing, stripping, sealing, and refinishing hard floors; vacuuming, spot cleaning, shampooing, and extracting carpet, furniture, and upholstery; sanitizing; cleaning walls, ceilings, light fixtures, vents, and changing lamps; cleaning interior and exterior glass windows and doors; cleaning, disinfecting, and degreasing kitchens; cleaning and disinfecting restrooms; restocking dispensers; collecting, sorting, and removing trash, garbage, and recyclable materials; cleaning and removing snow in exterior areas; moving furniture to clean and to set up for events; and working off of ladders, scaffold, or scissor lift.
This position operates powered equipment, including, but not limited to: auto scrubbers; pressure washers; high and low volume extractors; dry-foamer; swing-scrubber; sweepers; various vacuums; and scissor lifts. This position also performs general maintenance, including, but not limited to: changing light bulbs; changing filters; and resupplying paper products and soap. This position will works in a public customer service oriented environment, and interacting with the public; will communicate through a radio; lock and unlock doors; provide general security to the facility; participate in safe work practices; and utilize appropriate personal protective equipment.
This position requires incumbent to effectively work in a team environment; create and maintain a work atmosphere of trust and respect with all team members; work with a variety of diverse groups of individuals effectively; and fully integrate into the UC operation, achieving all the knowledge and skills to be a Facilities Associate.
Please upload your cover letter, resume, and at least three professional references on the UM Jobs site.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and maintain a safe work environment.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn custodial methods and up-to-date cleaning equipment and techniques used for scrubbing, disinfecting, mopping, dusting, polishing, and related tasks.
- Skill in operating cleaning equipment including buffers, scrubbers, vacuums, shampooers, high-pressure cleaners and extractors.
- Read instructions, safety information, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated written communication skills and interpersonal, listening, and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated skill in customer service orientation.
- Organization and time-management.
Qualified candidates must be able to meet minimum requirements and perform the primary functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Floor to knuckle height, 77lbs.
- 12 inches to 40 inches, 100lbs.
- Floor to 30 inches, up to 50lbs.
- Floor to 60 inches, up to 50lbs.
- Floor to 48 inches, 60lbs.
- Floor to overhead, up to 5lbs. sustained, with both hands.
(Lifting buffer, Floor to 30”, 70lbs. optional.)
- Carrying: 2 handed front carry up to 77lbs. for 10 feet. (Carrying buffer up stairs, 70lbs. optional.)
- Pushing and pulling forces required (during the use of cleaning equipment 25lbs., handling janitor’s cart 5lbs.).
- Pushing and pulling forces required (handling, pushing and pulling classroom and office furniture, file cabinets, and equipment): 60lbs. sustained at waist level.
- Pulling force required for handling Kaivac machine: 75lbs. force. (60lbs. optional)
- Static trunk forward bending and twisting from a standing, crouching or kneeling position while using tools.
- Reaching with your arms in all directions, including overhead with 5lbs. in both hands, sustained.
- Working overhead from various positions (standing, squatting, and kneeling).
- Balancing when climbing and working on a ladder.
- Use of various hand grip circumferences and firm hand grip positions while manipulating various tools and equipment (maximum 50lbs.).
Physical Screen will be administered prior to a final offer of employment.
Minimum Required Experience:
High School diploma and at least one (1) years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience working the nighttime “third shift” (10:00 p.m. to 6:30 a.m.)