Campus Compact Internship
The University of Montana invites applications for AmeriCorps and VISTA members serving with the Montana Campus Compact. These national service members serve for one year in communities across Montana, helping improve high school graduation and access to postsecondary education for first generation and low-income Montanans. AmeriCorps and VISTA members recruit volunteers, build or provide in-school and after school support for K-12 students, and much more. AmeriCorps and VISTA members are paid a modest living allowance biweekly ($480/biweekly, pre-tax), are eligible for an AmeriCorps Education Award ($5,920) upon successful completion of service. Additional benefits include: a modest relocation allowance if relocating from over 100 miles, child care assistance and health coverage and professional training and development.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its essential values of leadership, diversity, engagement and sustainability.
Across Montana; Billings, Bozeman, Great Falls, Hamilton, Helena, Missoula, and Pablo
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to prepare comprehensive work plans;
• The ability to work well with diverse populations, including Native Americans and people from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds;
• Ability and desire to serve directly with youth;
• Ability to recruit and manage volunteers;
• Ability to learn and teach others;
• Ability to communicate effectively in person, over the telephone, over email and webinars;
• Ability to work effectively and complete tasks with minimal supervision;
• Ability to meet timelines according to goals and objectives of the program;
• Ability to manage time well; and
• Strong writing skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree;
• Volunteer or service-learning experience;
• Experience working with youth.
• Successful AmeriCorps or VISTA service experience;
• A long-term (6 months or greater) volunteer commitment.
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until positions are filled. After submitting an application and completing an intake interview, qualified candidates will be immediately sent on for an interview with the local site supervisor. AmeriCorps service with Montana Campus Compact begins on September 1, 2018, VISTA service begins on July 24, 2018.