Mission: To improve the experience and clinical outcomes for patients/clients and the overall health of communities by preparing future and current health care providers and others to collaborate effectively to deliver high quality, patient/community-centered team-based services.
Vision: Health care professionals working in the state of Montana, and graduates from MUS health professions programs, are knowledgeable, prepared for, and actively engage in collaborative practice with other disciplines and patients as a routine part of providing health care.
IPE Montana welcomes anyone that wants to get involved in achieving this mission. We welcome all healthcare providers, administrators, students, and others that are interested in improving the health of individuals and communities across the state through the development and implementation of collaborative care models.
We Are Silo Busters!
IPE Montana grew out of the common interests of numerous healthcare program faculty from the University of Montana and Montana State University in breaking down academic silos so our students will become "collaborative practice ready" upon graduation. Academic programs and disciplines that are currently involved include the following:
University of Montana - Health and Medicine (UMHM)College of Health
- School of Physical Therapy
- UMPT Clinics
- School of Pharmacy
- School of Public & Community Health Science
- School of Social Work
- Family Medicine Residency of Western Montana
- School of Integrative Physiology and Athletic Training
- School of Speech, Language, Hearing and Occupational Sciences
- DeWitt RiteCare Speech, Language and Hearing Clinic
College of Humanities and Sciences
- Dept of Psychology
- Clinical Psychology Center
- University of Montana Rural Institute
Phyllis J. Washington College of Education
- Counselor Education
Montana Geriatric Education Center (MTGEC)
- Montana Geriatric Workforce Enhancement Program (MGWEP)
- Registered Nursing (RN) Program
Montana State University - MissoulaMSU College of Nursing
- Missoula Campus