The University of Montana College of Health Interprofessional Research 2020 Seed Grant Announcement
The College of Health is sponsoring an Interprofessional Research Seed Grant. The goal of the seed grant is to promote collaboration between and among unique educational disciplines for the purpose of advancing health in Montana. The College will offer seed funds to support interprofessional research impacting health and/or healthcare in Montana. An award of $5,000 will be given to one faculty team. The project must be completed within 12 months of the award date.
- At least one faculty must be housed in the College of Health
- Tenured, Tenure-track, and non-tenurable faculty are eligible
- Minimum of two faculty members in different disciplines must be involved in the research
- At least one faculty member must be from the College of Health
- Research must impact healthcare and/or health in Montana
- Project activities must lead to a high-impact research project
- Research engages students as research assistants
- Research targets undeserved populations
- Preference given to new researchers and/or researchers new to interpfrofessional collaboration
Award recipients are required to present findings at a Research Showcase (event details to be determined) during the spring semester 2021, and are encouraged to publish findings
Application due: January 6th, 2020
Application via Qualtrics: Interprofessional Research Seed Grant
Application Includes the Following:
- Names of faculty, titles and department
- Contact information
- Project title and abstract (200 word limit) including the following:
- Describe the proposed research project
- What is the health problem you seek to address?
- Research proposal --> Describe the aims, significance, methods, and expected outcomes. What will the research accomplish? How will the activities set the stage for a future high-impact research project?
- Interprofessional Collaboration--> Describe the interprofessional collaboration necessary for this project. How will the faculty collaborate? What is the history of the collaboration? How will the collaboration be sustained?
Section 4: Faculty CV
Section 5: Budget and Budget justification (two-page limit)