Online Course Development
- Each cohort will be led by UMOnline instructional designers.
- Participants will complete specified portions of Moodle Basics for Faculty and Engaging Teaching Practices online tutorials.
- UM Online will provide course templates for content layout and sample assignments, forums, quizzes and other tools for engagement.
- UM Online will provide a repository of graphics with main banners and icons that faculty can download and use in their courses. Customized graphic design will be limited and on an as-needed basis.
- Video creation using Zoom will be covered and participants will be taken through UM Online’s video production process. Basic editing will be discussed. Editing services from the Innovation Studio will be available, depending on demand.
- Cohort members will commit to meeting via Zoom either twice weekly for two weeks or daily for one week (four days) to accelerate development. Benchmarks and deadlines will be established to keep everyone on schedule.
- Ongoing support for cohort participants will be available via Instructional Designer office hours.
- Writing course outcomes, identifying assessments, outlining the course, and drafting the syllabus.
- Course layout examples, templates, and planning the design.
- Curating, checking and adjusting content for accessibility, and adding content.
- Designing assignments, forums, quizzes and other tools for engagement, including video.
- Setting up the gradebook and recording grades.
- Launching the course and teaching it!
Ongoing support in managing and updating the course can be done one-on-one and in group chats as needed.