UM Online at the University of Montana believes in providing a world-class education that gives you an edge in today's ever-changing working economy. We want to increase your ability to master any skill set that you need to be successful with the support of a whole community behind you.
Micro-Credentials are efficient, flexible, affordable and are taught with that world-renowned quality you love about UM. Whether you are a new student or a seasoned professional looking to sharpen your skills, we encourage you to explore our offerings that can help you reach your goals.
We provide the support and knowledge,
...and you stay "tomorrow proof."
Cybersecurity for K-12 Educators
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Job Site Ready
Health Professions Essentials
Introduction to Culinary Medicine
For more information contact Sara Rinfret, Department of Public Administration and Policy Department Chair at (406) 243-4702 or email@example.com.
Dismantling Racism: From Theory to Practice
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: Gender and Sexuality through an Intersectional Lens
Dismantling Racism: Gender and Sexuality Through an Intersectional Lens is a digital badge available at University of Montana.
For more information please contact Elizabeth Hubble, Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: The Inclusive Organization
Dual-Credit Anatomy and Physiology Training
Professional Branding and Networking
Internal Training (Available only to UM Employees)
University of Montana Academic Advising Certificate
University of Montana Academic Advising Certificate is a digital badge available at the University of Montana.
Earners of the University of Montana (UM) Academic Advising Certificate have developed a fundamental understanding of the following:
- Historical and theoretical foundations of advising in American higher education
- UM policies and procedures relevant to advising
- Technology tools available to UM advisors
- Support services and resources available to UM students
- Various advising approaches and best practices.
Practical leadership Skills for Managers
Practical Leadership Skills for Managers is a digital badge available at the University of Montana.
This leadership and management program for University of Montana managers covers best practices in management including both people management and management of units.
The program includes six-month-long units:
- Supporting Employee Success
- Building Inclusive and Thriving Teams
- Promoting Accountability and Effectiveness
- Providing Feedback Through Coaching
- Communicating with Your Team
- Recruiting and Retaining Employees
Research Administration is a digital badge available at the University of Montana.
Earners of the Research Administration badge have a fundamental understanding of the management and operation of an Office of Research at a College or University.
They will have the knowledge necessary to:
- Oversee sponsored programs
- Research compliance, federal relations, instrument COREs, centers and institutes
- Negotiate and manage facilities and administration costs
If you are faculty and would like to offer a micro-credential, please review our Micro-Credential Information for Faculty.