Marketing an online course, program, certificate or micro-credential can be a lot of work. UMOnline is here to help you market yours! While different offerings can require different needs we offer two types of marketing options to get you started.
Organic VS Paid Marketing
UMOnline can assist you for free with organic marketing for your online courses, programs, etc. Organic marketing means using assets that do not require additional funding to support. The main purpose of this is to increase awareness and share messages with audiences across various platforms and mediums.
Some examples of organic marketing can include;
- A blog post written by staff at UMOnline, featured on our website about your program.
- Sharing a story, blog post or article about your program in UM Today or UM Student Connect (Weekly) or both!
- A program landing page on our UMOnline website, and listing in our online offerings.
- Graphic design elements such as flyer or other marketing materials that can be used digitally or printed out.
- Assistance with the creation of social media posts and posting campaign strategies that do not require additional funding on platforms.
- Analyzing market trends or basic competitor analysis using Burning Glass Technologies software and other tools.
Paid marketing is handy as needed. It can significantly increase your reach to potential students that organic marketing may not unless the organic marketing you are doing goes viral. Paid marketing adds a small "viral" approach to your marketing strategies. Backed with funding and additional service and platform-based fees, UMOnline is here to help you with your Paid Marketing!
Some examples of paid marketing can include;
- Mass Press Release Coordination
- Paid Marketing Campaigns
- YouTube Interview and YouTube Premiere
- Boosted Posts on social platforms (i.e., Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google and more)
- Extensive Program analysis that includes; competition, SEO, SEM, social media and web/print presence)
- Events and Fundraising Coordination with various community organizations such as the Chamber of Commerce, Business Improvement District or others.
Social Media Networking and Platforms
- Auditing and providing social marketing account recommendations.
- Assisting in the creation of social media accounts for your program on different platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Tumblr and more).
- Digital Badges for Micro-Credentials.
- UM Lock-Up Editing and Assistance (Logos).
- Flyers, Social Media Images and Other Digital or Print Marketing Materials.
Digital and Print Advertising
- Campaigns and Market Segmentation.
- Direct Mail, Print Advertisement Creation and Email Marketing.
- Google Ads, Analytics, and Recommended Advertising Strategies.
LIAISON AND STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS
In partnership with UM Marketing we will assist with:
- University Aligned Course and Program Branding.
- New Program Creative, Design and Logo Updates.
- Coordinating connections between online programs and individuals within the University Marketing team on campus.
In partnership with University Relations we will assist with:
- Press News Releases Editing and Submission
- UM Today Stories Editing and Submission
- Copywriting, Articles and Blog Post Cultivating
- Coordinating connections between online programs and individuals within the University Relations team on campus.
We work in unison with various partners across campus and outside of campus to achieve the goals of your online program:
- Photography (UM Photography Team)
- Graphic Design (UMOnline and UM Design Team)
- Wiley (External Marketing Party)
- Trademark and Licensing (In Partnership with UM's Licensing Team)
- Missoula Chamber of Commerce
- Downtown Missoula Partnership (PBID)
WEB DEVELOPMENT / DESIGN
Cascade's Content Management System (CMS)
We will assist you with Cascade's Content Management System (CMS):
- UM Online directory features and blog post opportunities.
- Formating, Information Updates and Page Creation.
If your programs page is hosted externally (outside of Cascade CMS), we are able to assist you with the following platforms;
- Google Sites
- Adobe Muse
- Others (send an email to Breanna, if you don't see your site builder listed).
Ready to Get Started?
To schedule a meeting, or to assess your marketing needs for online courses, programs, certificates, or micro-credential offerings; please contact Breanna Niekamp at (406) 243-2502.
I look forward to working with you!