If you want to continue using VA Education benefits, first register for classes, then submit your
Chapter 33 students ensure we have a copy of your most recent Certificate of Eligibility (COE). For more information on how to get an updated Certificate Of Eligibility (COE) please visit our payment process page.
Get Registered Early
Those using VA Education benefits do receive the option for priority registration. Please visit the Registrars page page to get the current priority registration dates and priority information
Need Help with a Subject
Tutorial assistance helps the student pay for necessary tutoring and is a supplement to the student’s regular education benefit. Tutorial assistance is available if you are receiving VA educational assistance at the half-time or greater rate and have a deficiency in a subject making tutoring necessary.
Student must meet all of the following criteria:
- Student must be enrolled in a post-secondary program at ½-time or more (Chapter 33 must be “at least 50%”).
- Student must have a deficiency in a course that is part of his or her approved degree plan.
- Student must be enrolled in the course during the semester or session. Tutoring may not occur between semesters or sessions or be used in preparation for an upcoming semester.
- Student must provide UM's Military and Veterans Services Office with a letter from his or her professor documenting deficiency in the course and that individual tutoring is required to correct this deficiency.
- Student must use university-approved tutors. Please see department main office for list of tutors.
Please contact UM's Military and Veterans Services Office if you wish to participate in Tutorial Assistance.
Optional Tutoring Information: